Dr Bodhisatwa Choudhuri
MBBS, MD, MRCEM (UK)
Diploma in Rheumatology(UK)
Medical Registration: WBMC 65215
Since April 2020, Dr Bodhisatwa Choudhuri has been working as COVID In-charge & Nodal Officer in ILS Hospital Howrah, which has been designated as a Level IV COVID Hospital in West Bengal and has successfully treated & discharged >1200 COVID patients till date. He & his team have treated COVID patients in ILSH using all the modern medications, according to updated treatment protocols, with utmost care & sincerity. Under his able leadership, the COVID Team of ILS Hospital Howrah has achieved a discharge rate of >80%, which is undoubtedly one of the best in the state.
Dr Bodhisatwa Choudhuri is a leading practitioner of Internal Medicine, Rheumatology & Immunology and Emergency Medicine in the city of Kolkata, with more than ten years of experience in medical field.
After completion of his MBBS from RG Kar Medical College in Kolkata, he pursued post-graduation in Internal Medicine. He followed it up with super-specialty training in Rheumatology & Immunology from University of South Wales, Cardiff, UK and Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, USA. He also completed the prestigious membership of Royal College of Emergency Medicine, UK and received training in Emergency Medicine from George Washington University, Washington DC, USA. He is also a trained Echocardiologist, certified by Indian Academy of Echocardiography. He is an American Heart Association Certified Instructor of ACLS, BLS and PALS courses and has completed Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) course from AIIMS, New Delhi & FCCS course from Society of Critical Care Medicine, USA.
Presently Dr Choudhuri is working as Consultant Physician & Rheumatologist and Head of the Department of Emergency & Critical Care in ILS Hospital, Howrah and attached to various hospitals and clinics in Kolkata as Visiting Physician & Rheumatologist. He keeps himself updated in modern advances in medicine by regularly partaking in various national & international conferences & seminars as delegate & faculty. He is member of prestigious organisations like – Indian Rheumatology Association (IRA), British Rheumatological Society (BRS), Royal College of Emergency Medicine, UK (RCEM), American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP), Society of Emergency Medicine, India (SEMI), Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine (ISCCM), Indian Academy of Echocardiography (IAE).
Dr Choudhuri believes in evidence-based medicine and his approach towards his patients reflects that. His special interests are in management of Rheumatological disorders like Rheumatoid Arthritis, SLE, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, Psoriatic Arthritis, Gout & Pseudogout, Rheumatic Fever, Chronic Pain Management, Spondylosis, Fibromyalgia, Dermatomyositis & Polymyositis etc. He specializes in procedure such as Biologics therapy, Intra-Articular Injections, Viscosupplementation (Synovial Fluid therapy), Local Steroid Injections and other necessary rheumatological procedures. He clearly explains the disease processes to his patients including its treatment & adverse effects using diagrams. His dedication to his patients can be underlined by 24×7 availability over telephone, sms or whatsapp in case of any emergency.
* MBBS – R G Kar Medical College, Kolkata – 2008.
* MD (Internal Medicine) – T A University – 2016.
* MRCEM (UK) – Royal College of Emergency Medicine, UK – 2016.
* Masters in Emergency Medicine – George Washington University, USA – 2016.
* Diploma in Rheumatology – University of South Wales, UK – 2016.
* Fellowship in Rheumatology – Johns Hopkins University, USA – 2016.
* FCCS – Society of Critical Care Medicine, USA – 2016.
* Advanced Diploma in Echocardiography – Indian Academy of Echocardiography – 2017.
* MACEP – American College of Emergency Physicians – 2017.
* Member – Indian Rheumatology Association (IRA).
* International Member – British Rheumatological Society (BRS).
* Life Member – Society of Emergency Medicine, India (SEMI).
* Instructor – American Heart Association (AHA) [ACLS, BLS, PALS Courses].
* Member – Royal College of Emergency Medicine, UK (RCEM).
* International Member – American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP).
* Life Member – Indian Academy of Echocardiography (IAE).
* Member – Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine (ISCCM).
* Member – Indian Medical Association (IMA).
* Was awarded ‘Best Resident’ during post-graduate training.
* Was university 2nd highest scorer & institutional topper in post-graduation final exam.
* Received ‘Bronze’ medal for post-graduation thesis work.
* Received ‘Distinction’ in final Fellowship exam in Rheumatology from Johns Hopkins University, USA.
* Was selected as Instructor for ACLS, BLS & PALS courses by American Heart Association.
* Trained for ATLS from AIIMS, New Delhi.
* Attended as Faculty in PACE 2017 conference in Kolkata.
* Attended as Faculty in Onco ALERT 2017 conference in Kolkata.
* Attended as Faculty in World Rheumatology Forum – Rheumatology Summit Indo UK 2019 in Gurgaon, Haryana – delivered speech on the topic: “Biologics in Axial Spondyloarthritis”
* Has multiple publications in various indexed national & international journals.
* Was part of medical team for Atletico de Kolkata Football team for ISL 2014.
* ISEM 2010 – Kolkata
* MEDICON International 2013 – Kolkata
* PACE 14 – Chennai
* EMCON 2014 – Mumbai
* AMRICON Critical Care Update 2016 – Kolkata
* GEMAS 2016 – Kolkata
* MEDICON International 2016 – Kolkata
* AMRICON Critical Care Update 2017 – Kolkata
* PACE 17 – Kolkata
* Onco ALERT 17 – Kolkata
* Diabetes India 2018 – Kolkata
* IDEACON 2018 – Kolkata
* DCCS (Diabetes Control & Complication Summit) – Kolkata
* EZRACON 2018 – Siliguri
* EMCON 2018 – Bengaluru
* IRACON 2018 – Guwahati
* World Rheumatology Forum – Rheumatology Summit Indo UK 2019 – Gurgaon, Haryana
* Diabetes India 2019 – Kolkata
* Crescendo RSSDI – Kolkata
* EZRACON 2019 – Imphal